Friday, March 13, 2009

For some of us marriage is rebellious. After years of being considered a free-spirit by your family no one expect you to do the things “normal” people do, and they show concern about this “new you” that actually wants to get a diamond ring instead of a symbolic tattoo. When I was younger I systematically rejected everything that represented following the norm, I even thought using a hairbrush was stupid (sigh!). Now, even when I still listen to my old mix tapes ranging from David Bowie to Tricky, I want to be with a man that can wear a suit without blaming the “system” for having dress codes. I feel like my friend Gerry, once he finally got out of the closet, he found himself in love with a woman and everyone was shocked because he was supposed to like men.

3 comments:

Kiwitz said...

jaja
me identifico contigo (y con Gerry)

tuve algunas reacciones similares hace un par de meses.
kiss

JuanMapu said...

Once I had a date with a woman I thought I wanted to marry and have kids with her (probably the only time I felt that in my life), but she turned out to be someone not interested in marriage and children at all. I felt stupid.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you.... love you babe!