Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I walked as fast as I could on Park Avenue while repeating the same song on my iPod over and over again. I turned left on 54th Street and cross 5th avenue skipping tourists. Laura and Oscar were already at the Burger Joint; it was Laura’s last night in New York but it felt like any other. We are so used to change that these events stopped being surprising.
Genoveva’s wedding was very emotional. Martha and I were standing in front of her, with watery eyes, while she accepted her vows. We know her story and how important it is for her to build her own family. After the ceremony in Central Park everyone was invited to Ben’s apartment for the petite celebration; kirs and sangrias with empanadas and guacamole. I danced all night, until my feet were in pain. There’s no one to blame when someone knows the right steps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

married me

Kiwitz said...

que canción? :)

Iván González Vega said...

"I danced all night, until my feet were in pain. There’s no one to blame when someone knows the right steps."


Ay, cómo te quiero. Sí, chingado, pese a todo.