Wednesday, July 7, 2010


Veronique came over for dinner; she just left. We always have great conversations, a French raised in an island and a Mexican raised in one of the most populated capitals of the world can have lots in common. At this very moment I'm drinking a glass of prosecco to fight the New York summer heat as I listen to Eric Clapton's Knockin' on Heavens Door. My favorite pastime, which I'm sometimes ashamed to accept, is to play music and contemplate. Just being; at ease. Staring deeply without focusing. Music outside, silence inside. A few lyrics from Bajo Fondo Tango Club grab my attention, "Me atravesó, tu suave vendaval, rumbo a tu recuredo seguí, la estela de tu perfume." This is so seductive that makes me fall in love with myself for a second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

estoy feliz!!! por que al fin logré encontrar la manera de poder traducir tus escritos, gracias a google!, me fascina como te expresas, eres una gran escritora!!!

Anonymous said...

makes me fall in love with myself for a second.

Que aguuustoo!! :)

El Dany