Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I love myself in this picture as it reminds me of my inner strength. Looking straightforwardly at the camera, so secure of myself, my elbows resting on the car and with the expression of someone that has lots of ideas to share and is confident on who she is; feeling beautiful with being messy.

My father died when I was 3, so as a girl I took the grief as an opportunity to reinvent who he was. He became my hero, representing what I wanted as a role-model for me, what I wanted to inherit from him. I always pictured him as a strong, confident yet loving person. A kind leader that is loved for he gives himself openly. Brave, defiant and outspoken. I imagined him walking and standing by me, whispering that I should be strong too, being proud of who I was and letting me know that everything, always, would be alright. I don't know how old I was when this picture was taken, but he is definitely standing by me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

“if we do not honor our past, we lose our future. if we destroy our roots we can not grow.”
By Austrian artist and architect, Hundertwasser

This post just added seven tears to my eyes. Next I saw your image in my mind. What a wonderful blessing, you're now that strong, beauty, confident woman.

JML

Morazul said...

Me encanta esta foto

Anonymous said...

El mejor post que he leido hasta el momento :-)

Anonymous said...

Поздравляю вас Старо-Новым годом, желаю вам в новом году успехов и спасибо что вы находите время поддерживать ваш замечательный блог!