Thursday, October 30, 2008

We already had a couple of good-bye parties and dinners for Maria Jose, but tonight will be the last time we see her as a New Yorker, at least for now. I guess I’ll never get used to seeing friends leave the city; that’s just the way it is here. I’ve been nostalgic; Fall get’s me in the mood. Last weekend Laura and I went to the coffee shop in Astoria where I met Hara before she moved back to Cyprus, and where we (old friends, most of whom already left) used to spend the nights drinking Shiraz. We were poor freelancers, but somehow it all just felt right. We felt closer to art and creativity than we feel today, even when we had no secure income to pay the rent. Now Pepa is leaving and I guess I will be nostalgic in the years to come about what we did these past few months.

No comments: