Monday, May 4, 2009

I brought a stack of Mexican Luchadores from my last trip to Mexico and now everyone in my office has a kitsch figurine on top of their desks. Mine is wearing a pink cape and is standing between the post-its filled with pending matters and the pile of unread reports. My desk is filled with postcards and pictures of Bolivian landscapes, wedding dresses made out of condoms, Chinatown squids, art exhibitions, mariachis, strange beer labels and an “Arrest Bush” postcard. The last time Victor came he laughed at me, criticizing my accumulation of random things. I like having an eclectic collection and he is the kind of guy who only owns a mattress and a wooden table with stacks of The Economist, or even worst, a half-read copy of Greenspan’s The Age of Turbulence. In any case, I need to do spring cleaning this week and throw away all the unnecessary and never-to-be-read documents to give room to more new postcards.

2 comments:

..brenda said...

..eso de la limpieza.. sea en primavera o cuando uno lo puede [que no es siempre].. se siente re.bien. estos ultimos dias sin trabajo saque todo lo que ya no volteaba a ver.. ..el espacio para lo nuevo es lo mas padre.. y no por cosas en si...
aunque [tambien] a ir por postales nuevas me encantaria apuntarme.. ideas??

Dare Devil Pancakes said...

ven a visitarme!