Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The old Greek lady who lives downstairs greeted Maria and me this morning while doing her usual incense burning ritual. I’m not familiar to Orthodox Greek traditions, but I love to be around people that follow strict routines with such a passion. She speaks no English; she just repeats “good morning” (pronounced as “goo monin”) twice with a smile before leaving the incense holder by the front door. I’m not so sure people living in Manhattan get this kind of experiences each morning. They have a doorman.


Tomorrow I’ll travel to Mexico City. I haven’t been there in quite a long time and a part of me feels nervous. I’ve been listening to old songs for a week, recounting the last 10 years and trying to picture a timeline of important events and people. Where I started compared to where I am today. Where is everyone that influenced me or whom I influenced? Many things have changed, and surely they will keep doing so. Are we all taking the right decisions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

NO

Dare Devil Pancakes said...

Cuales son las buenas decisiones?

Anonymous said...

las que te hacen sonreir

nataX said...

pues a veces me acuerdo de tus influencias en mi recordando algunos momentos de esta vida newyorkina y pues hay dias como hoy que ando medio perdida, que me siento undida en una realidad ajena, pero ya no debria ser ajena es de aqui , es mia, en fin, deberiamos buscar el reencuentro, unas cervezas unas palabras tal vez algunas respuestas y algunas preguntas mas. buen viaje!

Anonymous said...

las buenas decisiones son las que se basan en la voluntad propia. Creo que son aquellas que verdaderamente independientemente del resultado te ubican un una realidad que tu mismo construiste. Como diría Rubén Darío, cada quien es el arquitecto de su propio destino.
Creo que las buenas decisiones se basan en la autenticidad, en la libertad y en la independencia.

Anonymous said...

Hay una frase de Jesús Silva-Herzog que me pareció muy cierta "Se nos enseña a adorar lo que tenemos y mantenernos limpios de la perversa tentación de la voluntad"