Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lalis left on Sunday afternoon, leaving us without her high-pitched laughter and her reddish and uncontrollable curls. After she closed the door and waved goodbye from the gypsy cab I felt so tired and sad that I slept the day away. She is so in love with Mario that she brought some kind of sunshine into our house. "I'm afraid to say so, but this man is the love of my life," she said in confidence Sunday morning while we were drinking a latte at Martha's Bakery. This is a huge deal for her; she has never let herself go this deep. She is the kind of girl that has a strong personality, so men tend to feel threatened by her. Mario, on the contrary, loves her all the way; even more so when she is firm and even capricious.
We are going to the Metropolitan Opera House tonight to see Turandot; the second opera in a week; we saw La Damnation de Faust with Lalis and Mario on Saturday. Some of my friends think opera is artsy-fartsy, not recognizing all the pieces of hard work that are involved for every single production. Anyway, after the opera we celebrated Victor´s birthday at Pio-Pio, a Peruvian chicken restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen eating pollo with aji, maduros, and rice and beans.

3 comments:

lalis said...

hola. estoy sentada frente a la compu en la oficina y no puedo dejar de sentirme un poco triste. el dia de ayer fue muy largo y lleno de pendientes, asi que me anestecio por completo. extraño el crugir del piso de tu casa, a victor sentado con un pie en la cubeta de agua caliente y a ti abrazandome de los hombros y yo de la cintura. es como una tristeza dulce, pero si me disteraigo hasta las lagrimas me saca. te extraño mucho, y ahora que te vi por varios dias siendo tu con tu vida me doy cuenta, me hizo sentir un poco sola aca, sabes?, es como si hubiera ido a casa por una semana.es absurdo lo que voy a escribir pero siento literalmente "home-sick"... despues de tanto año separadas en una semana juntas pareciera que nunca te fuiste. ji...estoy bien sensi. Bueno , en fin. Como le dije a Mario en el aeropuerto, " es preferible que que esas personas que uno quiere tanto esten lejos a que no existan"

Kiwitz said...

se me pusieron los ojos un poquito llorosos.
I´m so happy for her :D

larguisisimoetcetera said...

Lalii, fué fugazmente lindo verlos.
sé que los veré y los veré el resto de mi vida, abrazos besos, to guadalajara! la verdad es que la familia Astoria es de lo mejor que existe! Yo me apunto un día pa la Ópera!

D.