Monday, December 7, 2009

The office is very cold today; it usually takes a while for the building managment to get the thermostate correct. In the meantime we debate if it's too much to wear a coat indoors. Some days just feel like bad luck days, small bad things that keep accumulating. Today it started with the burned and extremly sweet coffee from the new guy at the coffee stand; not to mention that the bag of chips I bought for lunch exploded as I was trying to open it, leaving small pieces of cheddar and salt all over my black velvet pants. Now at 6:01 pm I got an email from my lawyer saying the US immigration department needs extra documentation to approve my visa. Some days you wished you had stayed home to avoid all kind of small catastrophes. On the flip side, I got an email from Agatha with some good insights about how she sees my future. Promising.