Friday, October 30, 2009

We are leaving for Peru tomorrow morning and I haven’t packed yet. Days at the office are always hectic before a trip; especially after a one-week vacation in Rome. Hopefully I’ll leave the office in less than an hour to get everything I need, including a manicure since I really need some sort of beauty makeover to look presentable at the training next week. I should also do the eyebrow and upper lip depilation, but that is too much to ask from me today. Hairy I should be! As always, I wonder how other women find time to look beautiful when they work, travel, have babies and much more responsibilities than I do. I need a time management course, but ironically I don’t have time for that either.

Victor and I went to the Metropolitan Opera last night to watch (and listen) Aida. As always I got impressed by the production and I can’t help to wander, how they store all the stages? Going to the opera always makes me feel at home and cozy. The opera season announces the beginning of the cold season, when the sunlight, even when scarce, has a brighter yellowish color, apple cider is sold everywhere, and you get the chance to rethink where you are, and where you are headed for next year. Plus, I always enjoy having a reason to dress up and drink a prosecco while we wait for Act 2 in the red carpet lobby.

No comments: