Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have 3 roommates this summer: 2 Mexican architects and a 18-year old English boy from Hong Kong that works for the fashion industry.  Last summer Victor and Agatha lived here and the mood in the house was totally different, but Victor got a good job in Mexico City and Agatha moved back to Cyprus.  For a long time I complained about how things change so rapidly in New York, and now I guess I'm getting use to it. People come and go, and I've belonged to so many different circles that I've divided my personality in lots of different pieces.  It's funny how you can share yourself in many ways, all of them authentic. Sometimes I wonder for how long I will live in this house and how many more roommates will move in until I can afford living by myself.  Is Victor coming back any time soon?
I sat down in Central Park after work to watch the sun as it sunk behind the buildings.  I love the summer.

1 comment:

Gonzalo said...

Once I was also amazed by how fast things change in NY. Now I am amazed at how used i got to change.

What really sucks is that the minute i a learn someone I know is leaving I unconsciously cut him/her off. the easy explanation would be to avoid the sad goodbye.

a darker and more complex reason is the sad realization that s/he is not good enough for this city and does not deserve my consideration. Mom, Dad you did really fuck me up! :)