Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekend at last; today is hot and sunny after a few rainy and gray weekends. Brandon, Pepe and me are each in our bedrooms enjoying the pleasure of doing nothing. I'm listening to one of the whimsical songs of the Langley School's Music Project from my iPod shuffle while reviewing the New York University bulletin looking for courses to enroll during the fall. I'm pretty amazed by their "life planning" section and the classes they offer under a category that is already predicting people's disenchantment and professional desperation: Mid-Change Career, Testing Yourself, How Losing Your Job Can Be a Good Thing, Self-Promotion for Introverts, Bring it On! Reacting Positively to Negative Situations. Does everyone needs some petting for being unhappy? If there is something to blame, it will be - in my opinion - spending 8 hours a day at the gray windowless cubicle (especially during the summer).

No comments: