Friday, July 4, 2008

We spent the afternoon at Max and Lily's house a few blocks from my place. 4th of July with only two Americans to celebrate it, in a Greek neighborhood where no one else seemed to be having a party. We grilled hamburgers, eggplants and zucchini in the porch while we hoped for the rain to stay away a little longer. We tried to watch the fireworks from the park by the river, but we ended up walking in circles without seeing any.
I'm now sitting on my bed and I could hear Brandon making funny noises in his bedroom (he is probably watching Lost). V is on Skype as every night - that's the way we manage our relationship lately- and I could hear him cooking artichoke filled tortelloni and playing some Schubert sonatas on his iPod.
My Mom called a few minutes ago. She is sick with Typhoid Fever.

No comments: